We at my wee fairy door are real people and understand your rights and concerns protecting your own privacy as we do ours. We do not sell any private information provided. We respect you as a customer and with that said, the following is how we use your information and make this a safe shopping experience for you.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Marcello Rewards Program
Marsello is a provider of rewards and recognition services to merchants. We provide merchants with the ability to collect personal information about consumers so that we can optimize and improve the promotions and rewards that Marsello suggests to merchants, which the merchants may then offer to consumers (at the merchant’s discretion). Collecting this information enables Marsello to let merchants know what type of promotions and rewards consumers like and actually use so that they can offer consumers targeted promotions. When we refer to “Marsello”, “we” (or “our” or “us”) that means Marsello Limited which is based in New Zealand.
If you are consumer we collect personal information about you on behalf of your merchant when we provide our services to the merchant, including:
- your name, email address, age and gender;
- the products and/or services purchased by you;
- the value of your purchase;
- time and date of purchase;
- rewards or discounts applied/redeemed.
We collect this information when:
- you register as a customer of your merchant;
- you accept any rewards or promotions offered to you by your merchant;
- you purchase goods or services from your merchant;
- you supply any additional information to your merchant;
- you view goods or services from your merchant.
If you are website visitor we collect information including:
- Referral links (UTM)
- Pages visited
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We use the personal information we collect about you on behalf of your merchant so that we can provide our services to merchants, including:
- to inform the merchant about the types of services that you, and other consumers like you, are likely to use so that the merchant can offer promotions and rewards that are more likely to be relevant and effective;
- to improve and personalize the services we provide to the merchant;
- to improve our business processes, such as security, speed and information systems; and
- Optimize marketing efforts by tracking website referrals
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ technical and organizational security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your personal information (whether you are a merchant, consumer or website visitor) against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, loss and misuse. These security measures include:
- Immediate notification of security breach to security officer and defined process for notification of affected individuals and proper authorities within 72 hours of the breach
- Regular security compliance training
- Two-factor authentication for all data services access by Marsello employees
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will disclose your personal information only to the merchant with whom you have registered as a customer (and on whose behalf we are collecting and using your personal information)
Website data will only be disclosed to third-party data analytics and integration services
LOCATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is held within the AWS Server Cloud, in the United States
Cookie information may be removed according to the specific documentation pertaining to the users’ browser software
Marsello will only send email (or other) correspondence to consumers on behalf of the merchant
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information on behalf of your merchant. If you would like to access and/or correct your personal information then please contact your merchant directly. We will then act on the merchant’s instructions to us. If you send a request to us then we will forward your request on to the merchant so that the merchant can respond to you.
DELETION AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information on behalf of your merchant. For this reason, it is up to your merchant to determine how long we will retain your personal information on our systems. If you would like us to
- stop collecting and using your personal information; and/or
- delete or return information that we hold about you, then please contact your merchant directly. We will then act on the merchant’s instructions to us. You understand that if your merchant instructs us to stop collecting and using your information then you will no longer be able to receive promotion and reward offers via our Platform.
We may need to update this notice from time to time. If you are a merchant then where a change is significant we will notify you via email. The merchant then has the responsibility of forwarding these notifications to their consumers if necessary.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.