Make your own winter fairy!
With some windy and wet weather keeping little ones cooped up inside this winter, here’s some fairy fun to help keep them entertained.
You will need a pinecone, coloured felt (or card), cotton wool, an old pair of tights, glue, colourful wool…and of course, glitter to create your very own winter fairy!
Step-by-step guide to making a pinecone winter fairy.
- To make the head: Stuff 3 cotton wool balls into a pair of natural colour tights and tie a knot then cut away the excess. Draw the eyes, nose, and mouth with a felt tip pen.
- To make the hair: Draw a fairy face and cut 10x10cm pieces of colourful wool, and tie together in the middle to create your fairy’s wavy locks.
- To make the wings: Cut a pair of fairy wings out of coloured felt and sprinkle with glitter.
- Glue the hair to the top of the head. Glue the head to the top of the pinecone (the pointy end) and glue the wings to the back of the pinecone.
- Sprinkle some more glitter on top and your winter fairy is complete!
We'd love for you to share your kids’ creations on Instagram using the hashtag #myweefairydoor or tagging @myweefairydoor